Messy Church is our special church family service of fun, songs, videos, crafts and learning about Jesus.
Messy church is a different approach to holding a church service. It’s aimed at the whole family particularly those who are not used to attending church. Rather than following a traditional service format, it includes lots of crafts and activities which people of all ages can get involved in. And inevitably it does involve some mess! For adults, there is free tea and coffee throughout the morning.
We hold Messy Church on a number of Sundays during the year. Keep an eye on our upcoming events for details of the next one.
This is an example of one of our previous ‘Messy Church’ services. The theme was the life of Joseph in the Old Testament, and after a short time of worship, we read through the story of Joseph. It was then time to get ‘messy’ with numerous different activites, accompanied by refreshments:
- Making Joseph’s coat of many colours
- Creating bookmarks from sand
- Building a wall out of giant Lego to reveal the bible verse
- Icing and decorating a ‘coat of many colours’ biscuit (and of course eating it!)
- Puzzling over quizzes and wordsearches
- Drawing and colouring