Christingles are a really fun way to think about God’s love at Christmastime. Join us as we make our own!
‘Christingle’ means ‘Christ Child’. A symbol of Christianity, Christingles are made from an orange decorated with red tape, sweets or dried fruit and a candle. Each of these different elements has a special meaning:
- The orange symbolises the world.
- The red ribbon shows God’s love for the world and the blood of Jesus.
- The sweets/dried fruit represent God’s creations.
- The four cocktail sticks can represent either the four seasons or the four corners of the world.
- The candle represents Jesus being the light of the world, bringing hope to those in darkness